Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Year of Virtual Runs

Not being able to run or do any physical activity, really has me thinking. Even before my surgery, I knew this year would be less races so I can concentrate on other goals and the kids activities. I don't want to completely stop running or racing, so virtual runs seems like my best bet.

The benefits:

  • affordability: most virtual runs are a lot less expensive. Saving money will allow me to stay focus on other financial goals I have for the year, and if an emergency comes up and it's less of a burden then dishing out a few hundred bucks on race registration and travel expenses.

  • bling: there's almost always bling. After all that's what most runner truly love.

  • convenience: that's the best part. With my husband's new work schedule racing on weekends will be next to impossible. I probably could get family to help out here and there if I plan well enough in advance, but even weekend long runs would be come an issue. The convenience of running when it fits best in my schedule makes a whole lot of sense.

  • charity: I enjoy running with a purpose, and most of these runs always have a charity which a portion of the proceeds go to. 
I've also never been a real competitive runner. The mental accomplishments have always been my favorite part of the sport. Running more virtual runs will also allow me to not be so caught up in my pace. 

So I should find out more when I have my post op appointment on Monday, but I was original quoted 4-6 week no lifting or physical activity. If all goes well my first virtual run will be the Love 2 Run. That should be feasible, and a great way to kick off the year. 

Do you regularly run virtual runs?

Be Well,

LaToya

No comments:

Post a Comment