Sunday, June 19, 2016

Road to Richmond Wk 2

If I had to sum up my week in one work it would be painful. Gosh darn it, and that it was.

The pain started late Saturday night, so I opted to skip my Sunday stroll. By Monday I was pretty darn swore, and I was like ok one more rest day. Before I knew it I was almost in tears. My old faithful IT band had once again flared back up. Funny thing I swore I was being cautious. I only ran small inclines no real hills, my mileage wasn't nothing to difficult (for someone starting back up), and I was sure to stretch after every run/ walk.

Apparently my body didn't get the message. All week I've been resting, foam rolling, and stretching. I even took a few epson salt baths, and need Tylenol to sleep through the night. The pain has subsided some, but still uncomfortable if my hip is flexes for an extended point of time.

I've self diagnosed myself with hip drop. Given my background, I know only rest and strength training will prevent this.

Whelp my totals mile for this week is a big fat 0. Here's to continuing on the journey.
Be Well,
LaToya



No comments:

Post a Comment