Thursday, October 22, 2015

Do Something for You

Okay so I know I cannot speak on behalf of every wife/mother/woman, but I'm sure more than a few would agree that naturally we tend to push ourselves to the back burner, and put others first. We're nurturers, I get it; but when is enough, enough? When do we realize that in order to care for someone else, we must first care for ourselves?

It took me awhile to realize this. Quite honestly I'll be the first to admit I'm not fully there, but I'm working on it. Like anything else it takes time. I also know being on both sides of the specturm, it's easier said than done. What I can say is,  taking the time to do something for me, myself, and I makes me a better me. Sure it doesn't happen as often as I would like, but that's just the cards I was dealt. 

For me it's usually a run (well nothing as of late) or getting a mani/pedi, either way I try my darnest to make myself a priority. 
This crazy thing called life can truly wear one down, if you don't have balance. So I say to my fellow women, do something for you. Yep go right ahead, and do not fill one grain of guilt about it. Your job/career, family, children, housework, significant other will still be there.

When was the last time you did something for you? If you really had to think hard about that question, you're long overdue.
Yesterday after work, I treated myself to a mani. I didn't necessarily have the money, but I know I needed to do something for me. So, I went anyway and I feel nothing short of amazing.


Be Well,

LaToya

No comments:

Post a Comment