Sunday, August 16, 2015

Not about the Miles

Sometimes it's not all about the miles. I was supposed to meet up with BGR! this morning, but opted not to. I was up on time. Clothes laid out. I just wasn't feeling it. 

As the excuses raced through my head, I knew I wanted (and needed) to do something. I just wasn't up for the companionship today. The last few days (weeks really) have been rough. Normally in times like this, I would not even think twice about lacing up. Food is usually my comforter.

Today was different. I laced up. Solo. It wasn't about the miles. I didn't get care about the route or my pace. I just needs to be out there. To clear my head. To connect with nature, and the many blessings God has bestowed upon me.

I took in the scenery. I stopped and smelled the polluted air. I thought relationships and goals. In just that short walk around the reservoir, my mood was uplifted. And the best part was it was not about the miles.

Be Well,

LaToya

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I totally agree! Sometimes it's about the miles, sometimes it's about the companionship, and sometimes it's about just getting out to sweat and breath and shake it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! I really just needed to clear my head

    ReplyDelete