Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mind over Matter: What Motivates Me?

What a hectic week I've been having. Due to some personal issues, I've been in a funk this week and the timing couldn't be any worse. I'm about 3-4 weeks into my half marathon training, and haven't done anything since last Saturday.
Nonetheless, I'm confident I will overcome these issues; well at least get back on my fitness routine. Speaking of overcoming things, the prompt for this week's sweat pink pro has to do with motivation and goals. 




1). What are your current fitness and healthy living goals? What's your strategy for staying on track with achieving your goals?

My current goal is to be a healthier me. When I think of a healthier me, it's not about a specific weight or size anymore, but just being more well-rounded and committed to a healthier lifestyle. Those components include my spiritual being, making healthier food choices, physical activity, and my physical and mental health. In short wellness; hence the name of my blog LaToya Lives Well. That's what drives me and gets me out of bed each morning.

My strategy for staying on track includes setting realistic goals and constantly evaluating them.

2). How do you keep up your motivation? Have you ever hit a mental wall, and if so, how did you overcome it?

I have always been a self-motivator, so the keep up is not usually an issue. I've hit mental and physical walls, several times- that's life. Thankfully my faith, a supportive family, and my personal drive to never give up as allowed me to continue to keep pressing on.

I hope sharing my experiences has motivated you to keep pursing your goals, regardless of what you maybe dealing with in your everyday life.

Be Well,

LaToya

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on being a healthier version of myself! Before, it used to be all about weight and jean size. Now I don't care about that at all. I just want to eat right, exercise, and feel good. You'll get back on track with your half training in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete