Thursday, July 30, 2015

On a High Note

After taking a much needed blog break, a lot has happened/ changed during the month of July. Most of those changes are related to my career and family, but also in the health and fitness aspects.

For starters, I finally had my annual physical. I was a little past due. Okay more like two years. I had been procrastinating because I am not where I want to be on the scale, but health is more than just that number. I'm so glad I went. My new doctor is amazing, and her practice is everything I wanted. My lab numbers where terrific and all within the normal range, except I need for vitamin D. Aside from that she was very pleased with me (a mutual feeling), and left me with some positive encouragement to keep up with the weight loss for next year.

I also logged the most miles (60.55) I have ever had in a single month, since I started running in October 2012. Wahhhoooo! This milestone I am very proud of, especially because I'm in the midst of half marathon training.

With that being said, I'm planning on going to back to blogging at least once a week starting in August. The break was great, as I needed to iron out some very important things, and get back to focusing on me. Now I'm hoping to give it my "all", with my fall races.


After going back and forth, I finally made up my mind about which races I'll be running this fall. For the first time, I'll be using Hal Higdon's Novice 2 program instead of Jeff Galloway, and because I like plan ahead for life's hiccups I'm a little ahead with the 12-week training. Here's my weekly recap of my first week of training:

Monday: REST (wahoo) and that I did!

Tuesday: 1 mile run + 30 min Bootcamp

Wednesday: 3.75 mile walk

Thursday: 3.18 mile run (the heat, humidity, & hills nearly took a sista out)


Friday: 4 miles (1:30/30 intervals) 


Saturday: I think I deserve another rest day

Sunday: I will be cross training

Did the month of July end on a high note for you? Feel free so share your experience with Hal Higdogn's training programs.

Be Well,

LaToya

No comments:

Post a Comment