Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wellness Wednesday: What's New and Newsworthy?

Extra, extra, read all about it! Okay, maybe that's a bit far fetched. Happy Wellness Wednesday! I don't have a particular topic in mind for my weekly post, so I thought I would share what's been going on lately.

In case you missed it, I was recently named an ambassador for the Annapolis Running Classic. Don't forget my discount code LYREF15 saves you 10%. I've also been participating in the RRS Photo Challenge on Instagram. Be sure to follow my page @latoyaliveswell! Just this past week, I was selected as a winner, and will be receiving a gift card to there store.

Other than that, life is life. I've been running a lot more consistently; trying to base build for all my fall races. My nutrition has not been the greatest, but I'm been tracking daily in myfitnesspal.
As a matter of fact, I'm on sixteen day streak!!! Speaking of streaks. That Summer Run Streak I mentioned a few weeks ago…..negative. I think I made it the first four or five days, and that was all she wrote.

These days, I'm enjoying my summer with family and friends. It's been great having some extra time with the kids, since they are out for summer. We're looking forward to a few upcoming getaways.

Oh and last but not least, I got a new pair of running shoes. I was coming up on my mileage, while we were at the outlets a few weekends ago my husband got me these New Balances.

First time ever not running in my asics. I've only ran in them once, but thinking I may take them back. I love the fit/comfortability. The color is a little plain for my style, but the price was right. I think they're too big for me. Normally in I size up a full size, but these feel too big. It could all be in my head, I'm just nervous about my first shoe purchase outside of an actual running store.

Anything new and newsworthy you have going on?


Be Well,

LaToya

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new ambassadorship! I love my New Balances, but the price can be steep for me in running stores. I take the feedback from my shoe fitting at the specialty store and research a shoe at another store. It's worked so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! I usually do the same as well, I've found the same shoes at Finish Line for 30-40 bucks cheaper. This is just my first time in a new brand.

    ReplyDelete