Thursday, September 4, 2014

Throwback Thursday: My First Race!

Whelp it's Throwback Thursday (#tbt), so why not take a look back at my first race. 

My first race was in October 2012. The Junior League of Baltimore's Commit to Fit 5k. 
I signed up for this race a month before thanks to the encouragement of my Black Girls RUN! sole sisters. I had little to no training, and was nervous as a heck. 

The night before I met up with a my college buddy Rachel (pictures above) as we scrambled from store to store looking for something to shield ourselves from the rain. Neither of us new anything about running gear, nor what to expect. Luckily we came across these lightweight Columbia jackets. 

My first race was also the first time I ran(if that's what you want to call it) in the rain. Man oh man between the weather and the hills in Hunt Valley, I was no way prepared. I remember walking way more than running. My shoes were a pair of "cute" Nike cross-trainers and I believe I had the God awful two cheap sports bras. I was also about 20 pounds heavier than my current weight. 

The above collage is fellow BGR! newbies that also completed their first race. Coming up on almost two years of running, man on man I have come a long way. I also have an even longer way to go. 

Remember your first race?  Ddrop me a line (and pic if you have it) about your first race experience.

Happy Throwback Thursday! 


2 comments:

  1. i ran track in high school so my first race was many many years ago...but my first race as an adult was a ten miler when i was in law school. no pictures but i remember loving every minute of it...and simultaneously hating every minute of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Man on man, the love/hate relationship of running….now that's a post! Take care!

    ReplyDelete