Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Target Protein Shake Review

For the past two weeks or so, I've been using Target's Market Pantry brand protein shakes and powder. Due to limited funding, I couldn't purchase my usual Visalus Vi-shape and have been on a hunt for something more affordable. I'm always skectipical of trying new things, but this one hits the nail right over the hammer.


 I purchased both the Whey Vanilla Protein Powder and the pre-mixed protein shakes. I used the powder when I'm home, and typically blend to make a green smoothis. I use the pre-mixed shakes when I'm on the go. Overall, I would rate this product 4 out of 5. Here's why? 

  Affordability: The cost for the powder, which has an average serving size of 30 days was under $19.00. The pre-paid shakes were for 4 for $5.99. In the past, I've bad over $50.00 for Vi-shape.


Protein: As you can see from the label, this product is loaded with protein. In fact it contains 20g of protein. Not only is that an rare find, but at under 200 calories and 3g of sugar, I'm very satisified with its nurtitional content. 

Taste: Of course this is always a high factor of importance (for me at least). I haven't been using protein supplements as a meal-replacement for that long, but since I have taste definitely is a major factor. Here's why I say 4/5. While it isn't as delicious as Vi-Shape's Sweet Cream Flavor, the vanilla is rather tasty. I have enjoy the pre-made shakes (usually served over ice) without any gagging. I have yet to try to whey powder without any add-ins, but my husband did have an 8oz serving of a Green Smoothie I prepared yesteray so that says a lot. 

 I think this product is a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. Is it me, or is it something about the packaging that makes it look like it would taste good? LOL! Maybe it's just me! I'll have to try the Market Pantry protein shake just because it looks like it tastes good, lol!

    ReplyDelete