Monday, September 15, 2014

Rise & Grind!

This weekend was absolutely perfect for some fall running. As a fall baby, I just love this time of year, and running is just the icing on the cake.

I'm about three weeks into my training for the Annapolis Running Classic.
Since I was having such a hard time finding a race that met my criteria, this will probably be my only race this fall. I'll be using this training to reset my base, and get a head start on my Spring half marathons. 



Saturday I needed 2, and just as I was on my way out the door my son asked to go. Every mother runnner 's dream! For a 4-year old he did very well, and that was most distance he has ever covered. 
I encouraged him to run and take a break if he needed, and he did just that. It was certainly a plus, and a great way for us to some quality mother/ son time in. Almost shy of 2 miles, it startered to rain and we head back home.

Sunday I finally caught up with a few buddies who are deep into marathon training. These ladies are all much faster than me, but I enjoy the extra push and know it will make me a stronger runner. Luckily one of them needed an "easy" recovery run, and I was scheduled for 3. We set out for 1:1 intervals with no pace goals in mind, my plan was to just keep going at her pace and maintain good conversation. 
I was beyond static to run negative splits especially at that pace. My breakdown was : 12:50, 11:21, 11:14, & 11:00. Although that was just a training run, I've never had stats like that. Mind you it was a flat route and again I was just trying to "hang with the big dogs", I'll take it.

Anyone else get up and out early this weekend? How did your rise & grind go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment