Monday, July 28, 2014

What Motivates You?



I wasn't planning on posting today, but from the I woke up until just a few seconds ago, my brain has been ticking about motivation. Perhaps it was the motivation Monday feature on my local news, or a segment on the Steve Harvey morning show that discussed motivation in terms of success. Then a few moments ago, a client approached me about help with his lack of motivation. All of these promoted me to reflect on what motivates me. 

My motivation for total wellness, and improving my overall well being is multi-dimensional. Thinking of the many "hats" I wear thoughtout each day is an easy way to some things up. Wife, mother, & health/ fitness professional are my primary roles and motivators. I am also a Christian, a runner, a daughter, sister, friend, an aunt.....my list can go on and on.

When I think of what motivates me most, a handful really stick out. First, my children. I don't know many mothers (or fathers) that aren't motivated to be a better them for the sake of their children .
 Secondly, my husband- the hardest working person I know. Whenever I'm down and out, and feeling like quitting I always think of him. His perseverance and selflessness is nothing short of amazing. When we met, some 11+ years ago he was a full-time college student, played on football team, and also worked. Currently, he works 16 hours days to provide for us.

Thirdly, I'm motivated by practicing what I preach. Whether it be a client at work, a family member, or a fellow health enthusiast I do try my darnest to be a living example of the best me. 

Instrisnic or extrinsic factors motivate us...tell me what things/people motivate you?

In health,

LaToya

No comments:

Post a Comment