Saturday, November 19, 2016

Flashback to my First 10k!

So I'm still in awe of the facebook memory that popped up on my timeline yesterday. Flashback to four years ago and I ran my first 10k. It truly seems like ages ago.

It was only my second race ever! Also the first time doing anything over four miles. I remembered when I registered I was on a runner's high from my first 5k. Still very new to this whole running thing, and I was so hype about being a member of BGR! I had no business running anyone's 10k, but one thing I can say about this group is they really know how to "pour the Kool Aid." Basically that means they support you when you don't believe in your self.

It was this race where I caught the race bug, and truly witnessed the motto "no woman left behind." Again I wasn't trained. I recall hitting the wall right at the turn around spot- it was an out n back course. I would've been okay with walking the remaining 5k. These ladies would not let me quit. One sister prayed with me. Gave me tips on interval running and before I knew it, I had crossed the finish line. 

I guess you can say I've been hooked since then. 

Would love to post the pic but having technical issues. In other news I seriously need to look into self hosting because blogger is really blowing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment