Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Did Not Start

I bummed. Like totally hurting right now. I've had others before, but this one is really hurting me to the core. For the second time this year, I have a did not start. The first was the Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon I was supposed to run in September, and then this one.

When I first registered for this race, back in Spring my plan was to train for my first marathon. I got to about twelve weeks in a 20 week training program. I was discouraged about my pace. I was discouraged about not being able to juggle the training plan. So I dropped back to half marathon. A distance that is challenging enough, but I was confident I could complete. After all I just ran my sixth half marathon last month.

In the midst of all of this my training partner/ travel buddy got injured. I thought it was a sign, but oh well I would re budget some things because there was no way I was going to miss this race. Soon after that, my husband and I got our wires crossed and he could not take off. Another major setback. It quickly dawned me that my expectations were so unrealistic. Like me a marathoner, with two kids under six, a full-time, and no nearby relatives. Still there was no way I was going to miss this race. My plan B ( or made C/D at this point) was driving the kids to New Jersey to my parents after school work Thursday and then heading to Richmond. Hooray!

Here I am today, three days from the race. My brother had surgery last week. I went home to New Jersey to visit him and help with his rehab. Then my dad just calls that my stepmom has a ruptured appendix, and is awaiting emergency surgery sometime today.

That leaves me big fat did not start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment