Wednesday, September 14, 2016

It's Over but It's Not Over

With about 60 training days left, my Road to Richmond is over. Woosah. This journey has been bittersweet, and I learned so much about myself during the last 10 weeks (give or take). A part of me is ashamed and embarrassed for even attempting to train for a marathon, and the other part of me is proud I even had the courage to start.

I pushed my body to unthinkable efforts. I woke up at ungodly hours (4am) and ran. I met some really cool people. I experimented with new nutrition. I made some impulse decisions. I listened to my heart and body. Training for a race of any distance is no walk in the park. Ask any runner and he/she will tell you if so everybody and their momma would be doing it. I respect the distance, and it ain't for me. Not right now anyway.

Like training, making this decision was also not easy. I went back and forth time and time again. I took three days off of running altogether.  I prayed. I enjoyed time with those that matter most. I researched training plans. I talked to my husband. I followed my heart.

So while I will not be continuing on to train for America's Friendliest Marathon, I will be running the half marathon. Also this fall I have the Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half and the Baltimore Running Festival Moron challenge.

Catch me on the pavement!

Be Well,

LaToya

No comments:

Post a Comment