Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Road to Richmond Wks 3 & 4

Week 3: 

Still nursing my IT band injury I only got in one run in this week. Thankfully it was pain free, but the 5 miles my training plan called for.


Week 4:

Sunday: REST! I was tempted to do something (BWC 5k) but erred in the side of caution. Trust me I've gone through the "no pain, no gain" path before and that was not one I wanted to try again. 

Monday: Techinally this would've been a rest day, but I had to do something. I opted for an easy walk. Basically I flip-flopped the two days. 

Tuesday: Nada! The struggle is real. I think reality is sinking in that I just need to divorce distance running. Why be stressed? Why risk injuries? I'm working mother of two, and due to my family's schedule it is extremely difficult for me to get in these mid-week long runs. I'm only setting myself up for failure. Realistically, I probably should stick with 5k-10 milers. Tomorrow's another day right? 

Wednesday: Cross Training
Thursday & Friday: Just slap a huge slacker sticker across my forehead.

Saturday: 
5 miles!!! As you can tell by the pic, I was uber excited. Thankfully again it was pain free, I stuck to my intervals, maintained a decent pace, and some very encouraging words from my run buddies. What more could a girl ask for, right? 
 Be Well,
LaToya


No comments:

Post a Comment