Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Five: 5 Favorite Summer Activities

Summer Solstice is right around the corner, and today I'm linking up with CourtneyCynthia, & Mar for there Friday Five Link-up!


I'll be the first admit, summer is not one of my favorite times of year; but there are a handful of things that I do enjoy. Here's my list of Favorite Summer Activities:


1. Crabbin': Even before I was a Marylander, summertime always meant crabs, crabs, and more crabs. There's just something about the warm temps, that makes me crave them. Having went to school on the Eastern Shore (pretty much home of the Blue Crab), my family makes frequent trips across the Bay Bridge for a delightful bushel. My husband would kill me if I shared our spot. It's a local favorite. We tend to make a day of it, and the kids love being able to sit out on the dock boat watching and seeing those crabbies being caught fresh.

2. Traveling ': What's summer without a road trip? It's been a family tradition for as long as I can remember. Now that I have my own family, I love creating the same type of memories. Whether we are packing up and heading to my homestate (NEW JERSEY), or exploring a new town, traveling is a must and one of my favorite summer activities.

3. Grillin': Okay so I don't actually cook on the grill, but I absolutely love eating it. Foodie alert here, but it's gosh darn truth. Luckily my husband is quite the "grill master", so we tend to grill out probably two to three times a week.

4. Maxin' & Relaxin': Long gone are the days where summer time meant curling up with a nice book. As a wife and mother, those days are few and far between. I do however, make it a priority to get some much needed me time. Usually for me that means treating myself to a relaxing mani/pedi. Oh and because it's summer, I gotta have the brightest hues. Sitting out back with a frozen cocktail or class of wine, are other way I like to enjoy during the summer. 

5. Grindin': Summer workouts are my absolute fave. Also, next to Autumn it probably my most consistent time of year. There's just something about the birds chirping, that gets me out of bed at the crack of dawn. I love getting my workout done before the heat and humidity really start to crank. Just don't forget the neon bright activewear.

Are you counting down to the official start of summer? What are some of your favorite activities this time of year?

4 comments:

  1. I also love getting a workout in before the heat hits, and I love enjoying that sunshine before having to head off to work. I'm not yet counting own to the official start of summer because it already feels like its upon us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crab cakes!! I would like to make it over to Cantlers in Annapolis for some crabs this summer. Hope you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never been to Cantlers. May have to check it out.

      Delete