Saturday, April 25, 2015

Brigance Brigade Race Recap

This morning I ran my first race of 2015. 
The Brigance Brigade was a 5.7km race in support of former Baltimore Raven OJ Brigance, and others with ALS. 

The course took us in and around Charm City's Canton Waterfront.
The first mile-mile and a half, was a pretty steady incline as we made our way around Patterson Park. At around mile two there was a water and Gatorade station. Exciting the park and I would say pretty much the last 1.7km was almost all downhill. 

Post race I reconnected with some fellow BGR! Members.
We got our medals and race premium, and headed over to the celebration village. 

In addition, to the usual water, fruit, bars and bagels offered post-race, many of the sponsors had food samples. My favorite being Chick-fil-a. 

Overall, I'd say this was a great race day! Despite it being a tad chilly, everything was awesome. I enjoyed the course, added a new medal, good music & food, and supported ALS (minus the ice bucket challenge). 



Highly recommend and will probably be back again next year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment