Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wellness Wednesday: My Favorite Health/Fitness App

Happy Wellness Wednesday! Last week was quite hectic for me, so I missed my mid week post. Nonetheless, I'm back linking up with the #gowellnessday crew! I had a hard time choosing which prompt to select this week, but I'm going with the my favorite health/fitness apps.

I pretty much only use two health/fitness related apps: MyFitnessPal & Map My Run.

I started using MyFitnessPal about a year ago. I use this app to track my daily food intake. It's simple, free, and provides a conveient way for me to pay closer attention to my nutrition needs. New user (after downloading the app of course) will start be creating a profile. The app prompt you to make wise weight loss goals based on your BMI and 1-2 pounds a week. From there, you'll track your food choices after consumption and log them into the app. It's a great accountability tool and my favorite feature is the frequent progress reports which tell you based on your intake/output how long it would take you to reach your goals.

I believe MapMyRun was the first app I ever tried, and I've been using it since 2011. As the name implies, I use it to keep tabs on my runs. I love the detailed reports, and being able to chart my progress from when I first started running until now. I also use this app, to track my other workouts. So whether I'm taking a stroll around the block or a P90X video, I log my physical activity into this app.

Recently, these two groups partnered, so now if I log a workout in MapMyRun it syncs into MyFitnessPal, and gives me credit towards my daily caloric goals.


Do you use either of these? What health/fitness app (s) are your favorite?


LaToya


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE My Fitness Pal and Map My Run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for joining us again!
    I have myfitness pal on my phone but to be honest I haven't been using it so it's just pretty much sitting there. Sigh. One day, I will utilize it fully :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I think I have to try using My Fitness Pal, this sounds like the perfect app for me in my journey to keep healthy and lose weight. Thank you for sharing dear..see you again on the wellness wednesday link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it out! It really has changed how I view food.

      Delete