Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wellness Wednesday: Funny Story at the Gym

Happy Wellness Wednesday peeps! This week I'm linking up with Scoops of Joy & CuteCoconut and following one of their prompts. As the title implies, I thought this would be a great topic for me.

So for those who don't know, I'm a certified "gymrat" aka health/fitness professional. The latter is the title I mostly identify with, but let's be honest being a gym rat is something I'm very proud of. This coming March marks eight years since I've worked in the industry. I've held numerous positions from entry level Personal Trainer onto Manager/ Director; all of which has come with it's share of funny gym stories.

If I had to chose one, I would say one of the most funniest moments I had while at a gym was somewhere between 2008-2010. I was leading a 30 minute ABSolutely Flexible class, and while I cannot recall the exact move I was instructing a member passed gas. It was almost in unison with the counting. I don't recall her reacting, in fact no one did. As we continued to crunch she continued to "let them go". For all you visuals out there, just imagine an instructor counting 10, 9, 8, etc) and someone loudly "ripping one off."

Looking back at it, it doesn't bother me anymore and happens quite often. So let's hear your funny story at the gym!!



Be Well,

LaToya


3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaa OMG really? Maybe too much beans before class? That is too funny! I wonder how everyone faces looks like.

    Thank you so much for linking up with us this week. Always love to have you with us! Do come back and put your link on the linky tool, we have a little gift for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens quite a bit Maureen!


    Now that I'm back from being "under the weather" I'm looking forward to the link-up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard the term gymrat before! Hilarious story! Sim @ Simslife.co.uk - thank you for commenting on #WeightLossWednesday x

    ReplyDelete