Saturday, October 11, 2014

For the Fun of It!

Between the injuries, burnout, and life I've think I'm "hanging up my cleats" and done with racing. It's just not in my heart, and those who know me would say I don't do anything unless my heart is in it 100%.

So how and why? Definitely not one way to address this, but it all started about four months ago. I experienced major burnout in May. For the light of me I just didn't want to run. My run buddies thought my funk was attributed to my quest to be a Half Fanatic and racing three back-to-back's. Rightfully so I did too. I figured I was going to take a break from both running and racing. Then came summer….I enjoyed spending time with my family. Oh and not getting up a zero dark thirty was great too. I would run here and there, but not consistently. Everyone around me was talking fall training, and I just couldn't find the means to register for anything. Nothing spoke to me. Throughout it all I kept trying to reflect on why I started running in the first place, and how far I have come since October 2012. Don't get me wrong I'm still very proud of all I accomplished, but my heart just isn't there anymore. 



A few weeks ago I registered for a 10k and thought, ok this will do the trick. Its the perfect distance where I still need to be distanced and run consistently, but won't require as much training as a half marathon. I was stoked for a

 (Thursday Workout was 2 mile walk & strength training)
bout two weeks or so. Then I got injured. Been rehabbing the past three weeks, with plenty of cross training to maintain my physical fitness love, and I just don't miss running. In fact I have no desire at all to race. Doesn't mean I won't ever lace up and head out for something quick & easy, but as for now I've cool!


Thanks for the read and come back soon to see where my journey leads me next!

Best of Health,

LaToya



No comments:

Post a Comment